I have made good progress in finishing my hood and fairings. After using an epoxy resin loaded with microballoon, I took a waxed gel coat that I spread. I think this step was too much, because this gel coat has dried badly, despite respecting the paraffin and the catalyst…. It’s not easy to sand either. And besides, since I didn’t like the finish, I had to sand hard to remove the paraffin. Here is a photo of the rendering.
I then put a cellulose putty for the finish.
Sanding is easy with water. There are still some flaws that will require a last little coat, but I’m really very close to the final version