The engine cover continued

The engine cover continued

I continued working on my engine hood with the closing system. To do this, I took the piano hinge to which, I removed the axle and I blew up a few passafe links from the axle so that I could put hooks.

Each half hinge is glued to the parts to be closed with epoxy glue

Then I used a thin piano wire to make a closure system.

Below the photo of the full-size aircraft to view the details to be reproduced

You can clearly see the rivets, a line of sheet metal above the hinge. So I started by drawing the sheet lines with a sharp tool to dig the surface. This line is visible at the arrow on the image below

Once all the lines had been drawn, I applied 2 coats of bodywork coating

The same open hood…

eol37

Scientific and passionate about aviation and aeromodelling for 45 years, I am here to share with you my models, my techniques, my achievements and what I have learned over the years.

Leave a Reply